FLECA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the training and certification of Florida’s Law Enforcement Canine Teams. FLECA offers nationally recognized and approved certifications. Our standards have been approved by the Hunt Insurance Group and added to the Florida Sheriff’s Self Insurance Fund.
FLECA also offers professional canine training seminars in a variety of topics. FLECA is managed entirely by current and former Police Canine Handlers and Trainers. All of our Trainers, Instructors, and Certifying Officials have vast knowledge and experience in working and training Police Canines.
All donations are tax deductible and 100% of your donation goes towards the training of Law Enforcement Canine Teams. If you wish to donate, please click on the donation button (located at the top of this page) and follow the instructions.
If you are interested in having FLECA provide training or a Certification, or you want to get involved in FLECA, please contact us.
- To unite in a common cause all law enforcement agencies utilizing the services of the canine as a police tool.
- To promote professionalism, friendship and brotherhood between all those interested in the training and use of the canine in police work.
- To endeavor to establish a general performance standard, and improve the abilities of the canine in police work, thereby rendering a better service to the community.
- To coordinate the exchange of any techniques of training or for utilization of police dogs.
- To improve the image of the working police dog to the populace in general through improved public services in the prevention and detection of crimes.
- To aid and assist those law enforcement agencies making application for information concerning the establishment of canine selections within their respective governmental agencies.
- To have a skilled body available and open for consultation by any governmental agency.
- To pass proposals, resolutions, amendments, etc., submitted by an executive board, for the good of the Association.
- To coordinate the plans for and the execution of seminars and police canine certifications.